The QED family of Passive Skimmers has been designed for product-only (LNAPL) recovery applications in sites where active pumping systems are not applicable due to existing conditions or extreme low permeable formations. The floating intake head follows the groundwater fluctuations in the recovery well, allowing only the free-floating phase (LNAPL) to be captured without taking water and stored in the built-in reservoir for further manual transfer to a tank.
- Available for 2” (50 mm) and 4” (100 mm) extraction wells, with different reservoir capacities.
- SOS-P (Passive Selective Oil Skimmer o Reduces product level to a sheen o Floats on product water interface o Centering disks prevents float from contacting sidewalls of well
- SPG-P (Passive Specific Gravity Skimmer) o Viscous products 200-1000 Centistokes o Hydrocarbon has a specific gravity less the .85 o Floats slightly above product water interface
- • Simple systems for extreme low recovery applications
- • Choice of floating inlet types
- • Multiple Canister sizes
- • See through Canisters